Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Worldwide Photo Walk - 24th of July

On the 24th of July Scott Kelby, photoshop guru/instructor, is organizing his third annual Worldwide Photo Walk. In Belgium there are already 4 walks to choose from. Antwerp, Leuven, Turnhout and Kortrijk each have their own walk already with Brussels or Ghent probably to follow soon. Last year, I attended the Antwerp photo walk and I have to say it's a great event. It's fun to meet people that are into photography as well and see how everybody takes pictures in his or her own unique way. It surprised me last year how many different types of pictures were taken on the same walk.


So the idea of this WWPW is to get 50 people together in each city and make a two hour trip through the city taken photos. After the walk you all meet up for drinks somewhere to compare your work. I'm 100% sure I want to do this again, the only question that remains is "where?". Of course Antwerp is the logical choice since I live there, but on the other hand, it would be nice to explore another city. Since Kortrijk is a little bit too far away and Leuven is actually very familiar to me, the choice now is between Turnhout (the city where I was born and went quite a lot when I was small) and Antwerp (the city that I currently live in).


Anybody have a suggestion? Anybody else going on one of those walks? I will be deciding this weekend, so let me know as soon as possible. Hope to see you there, whether it's in Antwerp or Turnhout.


So if you're into photography and want to spend an afternoon with likeminded people, I really urge you to participate. The official website is http://worldwidephotowalk.com/


Oh BTW, you can't register for two walks sadly, so that's not a valid option ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
Ronny Gabriels
View my complete profile

Notice

All views expressed in this blog are personal. You may not agree with everything written in this blog and that is fine. If you'd like to express your own opinion, feel free to post a comment, but please stay on topic, this is not an open forum.


All images displayed in this blog are copyrighted by Ronny Gabriels Photography unless otherwise indicated. None of the images on this site may be used without prior consent of the author.

Social

Follow ronnygabriels on Twitter


Add me to Skype

Bookmark and Share